1843 chapel openings and more

Photo: Illustrative image for the '1843 chapel openings and more' page

Index of 1843 Primitive Methodist Magazine accounts of chapel openings, re-openings and foundation-stone laying

Indexed by David Tonks

There are 16 accounts of chapel openings in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1843, with five dates for foundation stone laying.  There were two re-openings of a chapel after improvements.

At Gatley they planned ahead and had spare land for a Sunday school.

Some chapels were stone built such as Rose Cottage (Cwm circuit), Broughton and Oaksey whilst others were brick built, such as Poole, Melbourne Street in Belfast and Stoke St. Milbrough.

The smallest where size is given was Spetisbury which was only 24' x 16', and 10' high. The largest was Richmond Street in Middlesbrough which measured 39' x 33' and seated over 300.

Downloads

1843 chapel openings
1843 chapel openings (76k)
Index of 1821-8 Primitive Methodist Magazine accounts of chapel openings, re-openings and foundation-stone laying

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 16/10/2017.