Anderton Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire

Photo:Side elevation of Chapel

Side elevation of Chapel

Photo:Front Elevation of Chapel

Front Elevation of Chapel

Photo:Vestry front view

Vestry front view

Photo:Chapel floor plan

Chapel floor plan

Photo:Design of the railings at front of Chapel

Design of the railings at front of Chapel

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Anderton Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo:Two dwellings on site of the chapel land

Two dwellings on site of the chapel land

This chapel was built in 1914

Anderton is a village in the parish of Great Budworth near to Northwich. It is situated on the north bank of the River Weaver. The Grand Trunk Canal (now Trent and Mersey Canal) passes through it. The village itself is well known in canal circles for the Anderton Boat Lift, a great feat of Victorian engineering,built in 1875 to link the River Weaver to the Trent and Mersey Canal by a 50 foot vertical link.

The Methodist Chapel closed in 1969 and was eventually pulled down.

The images of the plans shows quite clearly what the chapel looked like.

The final image shows the two dwellings built after the PM Chapel was pulled down.

The first six images are by very kind permission of Mrs Margaret Done, whose family worshipped at Anderton Primitive Methodist Chapel.

Final image taken February 2017

 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 07/02/2018.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.