Arnold Primitive Methodist Chapel, Nottinghamshire

By Raymond E.O.Ella

The (Primitive Methodist) worshippers met in a barn belonging to Mr. Peck, until the chapel was built in 1829. It was enlarged in 1887, and additional land has since been purchased for a further extension. (King & Russell)

The 1940 Statistical return reports the chapel was brick built and seated 150. There was one hall and two other rooms.

Nottinghamshire Archives has the following information about this chapel:

  • Ref. DD/1702/2/66: Arnold, High St., Primitive Methodist Chapel (11 documents).
  • Ref. DD/376/1: Arnold Primitive Methodists Endeavour Society Minutes Book, 1925-1930s.
  • Ref. DD/376: Arnold Primitive Methodist


Rev. R.W. King & Rev. J Russell, A History of Arnold, 1913

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 20/04/2018.