Banks (Chapel Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Banks (Chapel Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Banks (Chapel Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Banks (Chapel Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Banks (Chapel Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Banks (Chapel Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Banks (Chapel Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Banks (Chapel Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo:Banks Primitive Methodist chapel

Banks Primitive Methodist chapel

Handbook of the 90th Annual Primitive Methodist Conference held in Southport in 1909

Photo:Southport Banks Primitive Methodist chapel

Southport Banks Primitive Methodist chapel

Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1928; Englesea Brook Museum

This chapel was built in 1876 and enlarged in 1903

Banks is a semi-rural village north east of Southport.

In June 2015 the chapel is still open for worship.

Next door is Banks Methodist School built in 1900 as a Primitive Methodist Day and Sunday School. This too is still open.

Photos taken July 2015

OS Map Ref:102:SD396210

Downloads

1899_Banks.pdf
1899_Banks.pdf (2680k)

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 07/07/2015.
Comments about this page

This page was modified on 10 December 2016 to add a transcription of an article about the chapel in the Christian Messenger 1899.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 10/12/2016