Barnton Lydyett Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Barnton Lydyett Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Barnton Lydyett Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Barnton Lydyett Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Barnton Lydyett Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Barnton Lydyett Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Barnton Lydyett Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Barnton Lydyett Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel Cheshire' page
Photo:W.R.D are the initals of William Ralph Done

W.R.D are the initals of William Ralph Done

This chapel was built in 1896

A small chapel was first erected on a piece of land opposite the current building. The Tithe map of 1875 shows a chapel there. When a larger building was needed the small chapel became the Sunday School. A house stands on this site now.

The present red brick building was erected in 1896. Inside the original chapel remains the main worship space but various extensions have been added over the years. These include an extension to the front and a completely new building added to the side. In the 1970s three congregations came together and Lydyett Lane became the centre of Methodist worship in the the Barnton area. Worship continues here today - February 2017 - with a active congregation.

Photos taken August 2016 & January 2017

OS Map Ref:118:SJ635750

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 10/02/2017.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.