Beaconthorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleethorpes, Lincs

Opened in 1914

By Margaret Veal

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Beaconthorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleethorpes, Lincs' page

Steve Wild

Photo:1913 Beaconthorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel as it was in 1995. It accommodated 530 and a Sunday school was added in 1932.

1913 Beaconthorpe Primitive Methodist Chapel as it was in 1995. It accommodated 530 and a Sunday school was added in 1932.

Keith Guyler 1995

This page was added by Margaret Veal on 26/05/2015.
Comments about this page

North East Lincolnshire Archives has the following information:

Beaconthorpe Chapel, Grimsby Road, Cleethorpes, was founded as a mission room in 1889. It was replaced on an adjacent site by a new chapel in 1914. 

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

  • Grimsby Secon Primitive Methodist Circuit 1889-1909
  • Cleethorpes Primitive Methodist Circuit 1909-1933
  • Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1933-1937
  • Cleethorpes Mill Road Methodist Circuit 1937-1960
  • Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1960-1990
  • Grimsby and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1990-

Ref. 53/601/A/290: Plan dated Oct., 1889, for Primitive Methodist Sunday School on Grimsby Road, Cleethorpes, for the Trustees.

Ref. 53/601/C/1151: Plan dated Oct., 1910, for Primitive Methodist Church/Chapel on Grimsby Road, Cleethorpes, for the Trustees.

 

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 11/05/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.