Blindcrake PM Chapel Cumberland

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Blindcrake PM Chapel Cumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Blindcrake PM Chapel Cumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Blindcrake PM Chapel Cumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Blindcrake PM Chapel Cumberland' page

Built in 1894 this chapel is now a dwelling called 'Chapel House'.

In the nineteenth century a row of cottages was built in the small village of Blindcrake. In the two end cottages bacon curing was carried out downstairs while upstairs was used by the Primitive Methodists as a meeting room. In 1894 at a cost of £120 the Methodists bought the whole building and converted it into a chapel.

Photos taken May 2014

OS Map Ref:89:NY147346

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 13/09/2014.