Blurton Primitive Methodist Chapel, Bourne Street.

Photo:View of chapel from Bourne Street.

View of chapel from Bourne Street.

Rev. David Leese

Photo:Date stone.

Date stone.

Rev. David Leese

Photo:Sunday School School stone.

Sunday School School stone.

Rev. David Leese

Staffordshire

By David Leese

Address: Bourne Street, Heron Cross, Stoke on Trent, ST4 3BE.

This is a deceptive name and location as the chapel was built in the significantly named Bourne Street off Blurton Road, but just north of the Heron Cross crossroads, Fenton. It is not central to the present settlement of Blurton.

The chapel is now partially hidden behind  a more modern frontage of a chapel used by Burton Free Baptists. It is understood that the former chapel is now used as a hall.

The original 1878 chapel appears to have been extended with a schoolroom according to a dated stone of September 1913.

This page was added by David Leese on 27/02/2017.
Comments about this page

According to the statistical records of the Methodist Church 1940 and 1972 this chapel was known as Heron Cross( Bourne Street) Primitive Methodist Chapel and Heron Cross (Blurton Road)Methodist Church. 

By Elaine and Richard Pearce
On 28/03/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.