Calver Jubilee Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Calver Jubilee Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Calver Jubilee Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Calver Jubilee Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo:1860 Calver Jubilee Primitive Methodist as it was in 1999 when it was still active.

1860 Calver Jubilee Primitive Methodist as it was in 1999 when it was still active.

Keith Guyler 1999

This rural chapel was built in 1860

This stone built chapel sits in an elevated position on the main road through the village. In 2014 it is still open for worship.

It is thought that a Primitive Methodist Society existed in Calver as early as 1822. In 1833 there was a Sunday School above a joiner's shop. Later the adults moved to a rented room in The Bridge Inn. The present chapel was then built in 1860.

Photos taken October 2014

OS Map Ref:119:SK242745

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 19/10/2014.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.