Cambridge; Castle Street Primitive Methodist Church

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Cambridge; Castle Street Primitive Methodist Church' page
Photo:Cambridge; Castle Street Primitive Methodist Church

Cambridge; Castle Street Primitive Methodist Church

Keith Guyler 1989

Cambridgeshire

By Rachel Larkinson

Castle Street is the ex-Primitive Methodist Church in the central area of Cambridge.  The present building is the third Methodist Church to stand on the site and it was opened in 1914, two years after the Wesleyans opened their new building, Wesley Church, on the corner of Christ's Pieces.  Both churches continue to the present day, serving different congregations.

Castle Street has recently undergone extensive alterations and refurbishment, although, as it is a listed building, many original features have had to be retained.  The worship area now seems much lighter and more spacious, and comfortable meeting rooms with modern facilities have been created, which enable the church to serve its neighbourhood more effectively.

This page was added by Rachel Larkinson on 15/11/2012.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.