Castleford Bradley Street Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:the organ at Bradley Street chapel

the organ at Bradley Street chapel

location of former Bradley Street chapel in Castleford

8 Bradley St Castleford WF10 1HR

By Christopher Hill

The collection of postcards and photographs at the Englesea Brook Museum of Primitive Methodism includes this photograph.  It is simply labelled "organ; Bradley Street chapel".  

John Anderson identified it as the Bradley Street Primitive Methodist chapel in Castleford.  After closure it became "Happy Hippos" Google StreetView in 2009 shows it for sale and by 2014 and 2015 the main chapel area has been demolished, leaving attached buildings.

Do you know anything about the organ or organists that played it?

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 20/01/2016.
Comments about this page

This chapel was indeed Bradley Street Primitive Methodist at Castleford.

It became "happy Hippos" and has now been demolished.

By John Anderson
On 11/06/2016

Thanks John  - Happy Hippos indeed!

By Christopher Hill
On 12/06/2016

West Yorkshire Archive Services:

Ref. (C24) now C11 and C415: Castleford Primitive Methodist Circuit and Chapels Records, to include PM Chapel, Bradley St., Castleford, PM Chapel Duke St., Castleford, e.g., Trustees Minutes 1874-1932, PM Chapel Carlton .....?, Castleford, PM Chapel Pontefract Rd., Castleford, PM Chapel Temple Street, Castleford. 

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 16/04/2018