Chrishall Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Chrishall Primitive Methodist Chapel' page

By Keith Guyler, 1989

Essex

By Lauren Haines

Chrishall is a village in Crawley End in Saffron Walden, Essex, of which the population has remained largely unchanged for 170 years. In this village in 1862 Chrishall Primitive Methodist chapel was built and opened for service. Prior to this build, meetings were held in a barn at Broad Green before attendance kept increasing.

However, regular worship has come to an end due to decreasing member numbers but plans for the village to purchase and improve the Methodist chapel are in full-swing in 2013/2014.

 

Sources;

http://www.recordinguttlesfordhistory.org.uk/ULHRdone/primitivemethodistsinvillages.html

 

This page was added by Lauren Haines on 07/05/2014.