Crewe (Herbert Street, Sydney) Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Crewe (Herbert Street, Sydney) Primitive Methodist Chapel' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Crewe (Herbert Street, Sydney) Primitive Methodist Chapel' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Crewe (Herbert Street, Sydney) Primitive Methodist Chapel' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Crewe (Herbert Street, Sydney) Primitive Methodist Chapel' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Crewe (Herbert Street, Sydney) Primitive Methodist Chapel' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Crewe (Herbert Street, Sydney) Primitive Methodist Chapel' page

This chapel was opened in 1896

The first chapel in Herbert Street was built in 1864. It was rebuilt in 1896 and closed for worship in the early 1970's. The chapel has been tastefully converted into living accommodation. There are now four 'foundation' stones which read Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. Was the three storey house attached to the chapel once the 'chapel keepers' living quarters?

Photos taken May 2016 

OS Map Ref:118:SJ720564

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 28/01/2017.