Crowle Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

Photo:Crowle P.M. harvest 1923

Crowle P.M. harvest 1923

Photo:1862 Crowle Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel, empty in 1991

1862 Crowle Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel, empty in 1991

Keith Guyler 1991

By David Leese

Crowle Primitive Methodists first built a chapel in 1830. This was replaced by the Bourne Chapel, in Cross Street at the corner of North Street, and opened in 1862/3. It closed in 1965 and has since been demolished.

This page was added by David Leese on 04/01/2014.
Comments about this page

The building has not been demolished. It has been converted into town houses.

By Bob Evens
On 25/05/2016

Lincoln Archives:

Crowle Primitive Methodist Circuit, 1877-1932, ref. Meth/B/Crowle P. (Various documents).

Registers, ref. Meth/B/Crowle, M/P/1.

 

 

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 19/07/2016

Point of information: The Crowle town website outlines the use of the former chapel as a car showroom after closure, but then that planning permission was granted in 2005 to demolish the chapel building, and for it to be replaced by a terrace of four cottages. Here is where the confusion might arise because the new design reflected the shape of the chapel building, and incorporated the stone from the centre of the chapel. It is though a new build as is evident from the modern appearance.

By David Leese
On 15/02/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.