Flitton Primitive Methodist

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Flitton Primitive Methodist' page


By Tim Banks

The greensand village of Flitton is situated south of the A507, east of Flitwick.


Registration of a dwelling house in Flitton occupied by George Downing was registered from Primitive Methodist worship on 27 February 1861. Registration was made by Edward Bishop, 6 Adelaide Square, Bedford, minister. The Bedfordshire Community archive website suggests that evidence points to the location of this house as likely to have been in Flitton Hill.


The venture appears to have been without sufficient support to flourish, as the short-lived registration for worship was cancelled on 31 December 1866.


Sources and References

Bedfordshire Chapels and Meeting Houses: Official Registration 1672-1901 Volume 75 Bedfordshire Historical Record Society – Edited by Edwin Welch

Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Record Service – Community Archives website

This page was added by Tim Banks on 30/03/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.