Fosdyke Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1861 Fosdyke Primitive Methodist chapel

1861 Fosdyke Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1991

location of Fosdyke Primitive Methodist chapel

Mill Lane, Fosdyke PE20 2BL

By Christopher Hill

The Primitive Methodist society in Fosdyke dates from 1826. Fosdyke Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1826.

It was rebuilt in 1861 and enlarged in 1936. The chapel closed in 2010.

location: TF 314334

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 06/10/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. MLI91940: This has an history, but listed for Methodist Chapels. The text does state it was built has a Primitive Methodist Chapel but when quoting the inscription on the stone plaque it does not mention the word Primitive. However, there are photographs of the Chapel and if one is enlarged the first word on the plaque reads Primitive, the plaque now eroding.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 12/12/2017

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Fosdyke/H/5/6: Primitive Methodist Sunday School Union, Teacher Training Certificates (4 items), 1929-1931.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 13/12/2017

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Previous posting re Training Certificates: /H/5/4, year 1910 to 1928.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 18/12/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.