Freiston Shore Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:

Ref. MLI92231: Unlocated Site of Primitive Methodist Chapel, close to Freiston Shore, or Freiston:

A Primitive Methodist Chapel is recorded in the Census of Religious Returns as having been built in Freiston in 1838. The return was made by the chapel steward of Freiston Shore and a Primitive Methodist Chapel is mentioned by Thompson as being erected close to Freiston Shore in 1838. This chapel could accommodate around sixty persons and there were ten children attending the Sunday School which was attached to the chapel.

It is also mentioned in P.Thompson's Histories & Antiquities of Boston, 1856 ed. P. Thompson mentions close to Freiston Shore. 

The chapel was part of the Boston PM Circuit 1838-1869.

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 19/12/2017.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.