Grimsby Welholme Road Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Grimsby Welholme Road Primitive Methodist chapel

Grimsby Welholme Road Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1996

location of Grimsby Welholme Road Primitive Methodist chapel

Welholme Road Grimsby DN32 9JA

By Christopher Hill

Grimsby Welholme Road Primitive Methodist chapel, on the left in Keith Guyler's picture, dates from 1897. It was replaced in 1959 by the chapel on the right.

Google Street View in 2008 - 2015 shows considerable change. Welholme Road is no longer a through road but stops just east of the chapel. The 1897 chapel has been demolished although the second chapel is still in use and active as St Christopher's Methodist Church. 

An earlier chapel dates from 1859.

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 17/09/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Grimsby, Welholme Road/D/4/1: List of Trustees 1899.

Other documents, recent ones, sadly, to do with vandalism/desecration and an act of arson.

Grimsby PM Circuit, First 1897-1898, then Third, 1898-1832.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 18/12/2017