Harriston PM rented preaching place, Cumberland

By GW Oxley

Harriston is about one mile east of Aspatria.  By 1881 there was rented preaching place providing 150 seats. It is perhaps no coincidence that it closed in 1900/1, a few years after the large new chapel opened in nearby Aspatria. The building has not been identified.

Sources

Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM9/84 Wigton PM Circuit property schedules, 1868 - 1989

Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM9/86/2 Wigton PM Circuit property schedules, 1890 - 1932

This page was added by GW Oxley on 26/03/2016.