Hayfield - Hugh Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hayfield - Hugh Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hayfield - Hugh Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hayfield - Hugh Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hayfield - Hugh Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel Derbyshire' page

This chapel was built in 1867

On early OS maps this chapel is un-named but in 1938 it is marked as a Methodist chapel. It sits overlooking the pretty village of Hayfield in the High Peak of Derbyshire.  It was built on Jumble Lane now Kinder Road. In 1969 it was deconsecrated and the congregation merged with St.John's Methodist Church. The building is now in use as Hayfield Public Library.

Photos taken April 2015

OS Map Ref:110:SK038870 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 08/05/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.