Ingoldmells Primitive Methodist Chapel, LIncolnshire

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:

The first chapel was built on Skegness Road in 1836 and was replaced on the same site by a new chapel in 1908. This was demolished in 1953 and replaced by the chapel on Sea Lane, built as a Methodist Chapel with large cross on the front, which closed in 2009.

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

  • Louth Primitive Methodist Circuit 1836-1847
  • Alford Primitive Methodist Circuit 1847-1916
  • Skegness Primitive Methodist Circuit 1916-1933
  • Skegness and Wainfleet Methodist Circuit 1933- 1997
  • Alford, Skegness and Wainfleet Circuit 1997- 2009

Ref. Meth/C/Ingoldmells/D/1/2: Receipt for Deeds.

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 11/12/2017.
Comments about this page

There are exterior and interior pictures on the property website Rightmove of the Sea Lane former Chapel in need of renovation (as of Jan 2018).

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 27/01/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.