Kibblesworth PM Chapel, Gateshead, Co. Durham

By Richard Jennings

The foundation stones of this chapel were laid on 8th August 1869 by Miss J A Spark, sister of Mr H K Spark of Darlington.

The chapel, directly opposite the Wesleyan chapel, was often seen as the "workers" chapel - whilst the Wesleyan chapel was the "managers" chapel.

The building closed in 1964 and the congregation amalgamated with Kibblesworth South (ex WM) becoming amongst other things a candle factory. It has now been converted into luxury flats.

Photo:Kibblesworth PM Chapel

Kibblesworth PM Chapel

Bede Circuit Archive Collections

Photo:Interior, Kibblesworth PM Chapel

Interior, Kibblesworth PM Chapel

Bede Circuit Archive Collections

Photo:2-handled Love Feast Cup from Kibblesworth PM Chapel

2-handled Love Feast Cup from Kibblesworth PM Chapel

Dorothy Hall

Photo:Reverse of Love Feast Cup from Kibblesworth PM Chapel

Reverse of Love Feast Cup from Kibblesworth PM Chapel

Dorothy Hall

This page was added by Richard Jennings on 01/02/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.