Kirkby on Bain Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1871 Kirkby on Bain Primitive Methodist chapel

1871 Kirkby on Bain Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1994

location of Kirkby on Bain Primitive Methodist chapel

Main Street, Kirkby on Bain LN10 6YT

By Christopher Hill

Kirkby on Bain Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1871. The society had been renting a building since 1853.

The chapel was closed in 1976 and was sold in 1977. After that it was used for storage. Keith Guyler comments that at the time of his photograph in 1994 it was in good condition.

location: 242625

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 02/10/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Kirkby on Bain, Main Street/E/3/2: Trust, Extension (Chapel): Fund. (Inspection/Extension, 1957). --(Boundary: Front, rear with two sides: Metal Railings).

Ref. Meth/C/Kirkby on Bain, Main Street/D/2/1: Registration of Worship, 1853. (Not on the Main Street).

Ref. Meth/C/Kirkby on Bain Main Street/E/7/1: Surveyor's report (Chapel/Boundary) Sale of Chapel, 28 items, 1975-1978. Also: E/7/2.

Ref. Meth/C/Kirkby on Bain, Main Street/E/5/1: Quinqennial Inspection, other structural reports and Inspection of Property, 1966.

Ref. MLI98998: History of PM Chapel, small cross on name-date stone.

Other documents.

 

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 15/01/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.