Kirton End Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1859 Kirton End Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel

1859 Kirton End Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1995

Kirton End PE20 1NR

By Christopher Hill

Kirton End Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1859. The society amalgamated with the Wesleyan Methodists before overall Methodist union in 1932.

The chapel closed in 1932 and was sold in 1937. At the time of Keith Guyler's photograph in 1995 it was derelict and for sale. On Google Street View in 2009 it is little changed but more overgrown.

location: TF 291401

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 07/10/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following information about this chapel:

Ref. ML186271: Photographs of Kirton End PM Chapel.

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton End, W-Road/E/7/1: Papers re closure and sale of Chapel, 4 items (closed 1932) from 1935 to 1937.

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton End, W-Road/A/3/1: Membership List: List of 12 names headed "ex-PM members at Kirton End", c.1932/3. 

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton End, W-Road/C/4/2: Sunday School Insurance Policy, 1920.

Ref. Meth/C/Kirton End, W-Road/C/4/1: Fire Insurance Policy, 1879.

Ref. Meth/B/Boston P: Boston PM Circuit 1826-1932.

Ref. Meth/B/Boston P/H/1: Boston PM Circuit Preaching Plans 1900-1913, Schedules 1895-1913.

In the Lincoln, Rutland, Stamford Mercury Newspaper, 8th July 1859, page 4, Col.6:

There is mention of the newly built Primitive Methodist Chapel, Kirton End, Lincolnshire.

On 25 inch scale Government O.S. Maps (CXV11.8), year 1887 and 1903 for Frampton and Kirton areas it shows Kirton End and cites Meth.Chapel. (Prim.). Although the road not mentioned, it is on Willington Road.

In Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln there is also the following document:

Ref. Acc 2008/139: 00. Kirton End Village Plan, year 1989.

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 16/03/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.