Leicester Fosse Road Primitive Methodist chapel - St Nicholas Street Memorial

Photo:Leicester Fosse Road Primitive Methodist chapel - St Nicholas Street Memorial

Leicester Fosse Road Primitive Methodist chapel - St Nicholas Street Memorial

Primitive Methodist Conference Handbook 1907

Photo:St Nicholas Street Memorial Primitive Methodist chapel

St Nicholas Street Memorial Primitive Methodist chapel

Christopher Hill February 2016

Photo:Sunday School at St Nicholas Street Memorial Primitive Methodist chapel

Sunday School at St Nicholas Street Memorial Primitive Methodist chapel

Christopher Hill February 2016

Photo:St Nicholas Street Memorial Primitive Methodist chapel and Sunday School

St Nicholas Street Memorial Primitive Methodist chapel and Sunday School

Christopher Hill February 2016

location of former Fosse Road North Primitive Methodist chapel

Fosse Road North, Leicester LE3 5ER

By Christopher Hill

Leicester Fosse Road Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1898.  It replaced the former chapel in St Nicholas Street which was demolished as a result of redevelopment.  The chapel was re-erected on this new site as St Nicholas Street Memorial. It bears the words

1873

PRIMITIVE METHODIST

RE-ERECTED 1898

The entrance to the Sunday School carries the date 1903.

It was one of the venues used when the 1907 Primitive Methodist Conference came to Leicester in 1907.

In 2016 it is in use as flats.  It retains many of its memorial tablets on the front wall.  They are shown in the attached document.


 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 04/02/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.