Mablethorpe Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:postmark 1919

postmark 1919

postcard belonging to Steven Wild

Photo:1886 Mablethorpe Primitive Methodist chapel

1886 Mablethorpe Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1993

Victoria Road LN12 2AF

By Christopher Hill

The first Mablethorpe Primitive Methodist chapel was a small square building in Quebec Road built in 1836 and used until the 1880s, after which time the building was variously a house and a shop before being demolished in 1959.

The replacement chapel in Victoria Road dates from 1886. This was soon found to be too small and a new building was erected on adjoining land in 1909 at a cost of £1,000.  The 1886 chapel became the schoolroom.

After Methodist union in 1932, The Prims and the Wesleyans from Mablethorpe High Street chapel joined in 1965 at these premises and the name St Peter's was adopted. 

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 03/10/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. ML199232 and 3: Former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Quebec Rd., Mablethorpe. St. Peter's Primitive Methodist Chapel, Victoria Rd.

Ref. Meth/C/Mablethorpe/Victoria Rd./J/4/1: Facsimale Circuit Plan, year 1883.

Ref. Meth/C/Mablethorpe/Victoria Rd./A/1.: Registers.

 

By Mr. & Mrs. Ella (Ray & Marie)
On 17/11/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.