Matlock Moor PM Chapel Derbyshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Matlock Moor PM Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Matlock Moor PM Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Matlock Moor PM Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Matlock Moor PM Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Matlock Moor PM Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Matlock Moor PM Chapel Derbyshire' page
Photo:Matlock Moor Primitive Methodist chapel from a postcar dated between 1901 and 1909

Matlock Moor Primitive Methodist chapel from a postcar dated between 1901 and 1909

Englesea Brook Museum picture and postcard collection

The chapel was built in 1903

Matlock Moor Primitive Methodist Chapel is on the Chesterfield Road. Open air services had been held before the chapel was built. George G. Blackwell laid the foundation stone on Easter Monday 1903  and the opening services were held on August 31st of the same year. It cost £780.

In 2014 there is little change to the original building. In the 1970s a small extension was built on the back. Frank G. Wildgoose donated an American organ. The building is still open for worship and is known as Matlock Moor Methodist Church.

Photos taken October 2014

OS Map Ref:119:313615

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 19/10/2014.
Comments about this page

See also the article on Matlock Circuit published in the Christian Messenger 1907

By Geoff Dickinson
On 20/07/2015

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.