Mumby Centenary Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1909 Mumby Centenary Primitive Methodist chapel

1909 Mumby Centenary Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1994

location of Mumby Centenary Primitive Methodist chapel

Hogsthorpe Road Mumby LN13 9SD

By Christopher Hill

Mumby is east of Alford. Mumby Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1836 and is located in the south of Mumby on the A52. The first chapel seated 100 and was rebuilt on the same site in 1909, this time with seating for 75. The chapel closed in 2008 and has been converted into a house. 

The notes with Keith Guyler's pictures refer to it as Mumby Centenary chapel. Around 1909 is the Centenary of the Primitive Methodist Connexion.

location: TF 517744

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 02/10/2015.
Comments about this page

A modern sign has been put on an outside wall of this former chapel. However, it is wrong. The sign implies it was a "Centenary Methodist Chapel". The word "Primitive" has not been included in the modern sign.

By Ray & Marie
On 08/06/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.