Partington Primitive Methodist chapel

By Christopher Hill

Partington Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on Sunday 1st November 1829. Opening services were taken by Br.others J Garner and J Verity.

Primitive Methodists first came to Partington in 1824  but couldn't raise a chapel; eventually they obtained a plot of land.

The new chapel measured 21'(w) x 30'(l) x 16'(h).

The opening was described by W Taylor in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1830.


Primitive Methodist magazine of 1830 page 141


This page was added by Christopher Hill on 02/09/2017.