Rudston Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:former Rudston Primitive Methodist chapel

former Rudston Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 2000

former Primitive Methodist chapel at Rudston

Eastgate, Rudston, DRIFFIELD, YO25 4UX

By Christopher Hill

Rudston is west  of Bridlington.  The first Primitive Methodist chapel in the village was on Long Street and it was opened in 1830.    It was demolished and a second chapel opened in 1876 which was used until the 1990s, when it was converted into a house.  

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 10/04/2015.
Comments about this page

The architect is stated to be the Rev. A.J. Noble but who was he, for he is not recorded as being a Primitive Methodist itinerant. That of 1876/7 stylistically is by Joseph Wright.

By Colin Dews
On 02/03/2018

East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley:

Ref. zMRQ (MRQ/27 (21) 1-8: Rudston Primitive Methodist Chapel. Documented later filed with the Bridlington Methodist Circuit, to include the following:

File relating to Rudston PM Chapel. PM Chapel Account Book. Collection Journal. Missionary Box Register. File relating to PM Trust Property. Trustees Meetings Minute Book. PM Church Council Meetings Minutes (loose pages). Leaders Meetings Minutes Book. 

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 07/03/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.