Scunthorpe Crosby Road Primitive Methodist chapel

By Christopher Hill

Scunthorpe Crosby Road Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1870 but destroyed by fire in 1888. A replacement chapel was built in 1891 but in the two years in between 1889 and 1891, the Primitive Methodist society used the Wesleyan Sunday school in Chapel Street "'provided they pay for the gas consumed'.

The original chapel was used by the Salvation Army to 1907  and became a fire station in 1909 before being demolished in the 1960s for redevelopment.

The 1891 chapel in High Street opposite Belgrave Square.served until 1935. It became part of Woolworths and was later demolished.

location (1870 chapel): 896117

location (1891 chapel): 896114

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 22/09/2015.