Skegness Roman Bank Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1899 Roman Bank Primitive Methodist chapel

1899 Roman Bank Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1993

location of Roman Bank Primitive Methodist chapel

Roman Bank, Skegness PE25 2SW

By Christopher Hill

The forerunner of Roman Bank Primitive Methodist chapel in Skegness was the Skegness Bank (later Seathorne) chapel of 1836.

In time Roman Bank became a separate Primitive Methodist society and the first chapel at Roman Bank was built in 1881.

A replacement chapel on the opposite side of the road was opened in 1899. This chapel was extended in 1924.

The 1881 chapel became three dwellings after closure whilst the third chapel, which closed in 1979, became a second hand goods store called ‘Ye Old Church’. On Google Street View in 2015 it is disused. The signage relates to Suite Dreams /Old Church furniture showroom which closed sometime between 2009 and 2014.

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 07/10/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.