Skelmersdale (Digmoor, Daniels Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Skelmersdale (Digmoor, Daniels Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Skelmersdale (Digmoor, Daniels Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Skelmersdale (Digmoor, Daniels Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Skelmersdale (Digmoor, Daniels Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Skelmersdale (Digmoor, Daniels Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Skelmersdale (Digmoor, Daniels Lane) Primitive Methodist Chapel Lancashire' page

The present chapel was built in 1931

This must have been the second chapel  built on this site as behind it stands what was a Primitive Methodist School. This was originally built in brick but in later years it has been covered in pebble dash. It was erected in 1869 by voluntary subscription. In 2015 it may not be used but the chapel is still open for worship.

Nothing is known about either building.  

Photos taken June 2015

OS Map Ref:108:SD490052

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 04/07/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.