Stretton on Fosse Primitive Methodist chapel

By Christopher Hill

The trustees bought a piece of land in 1868 costing £15 for building a chapel; they are listed as nine local labourers and a carrier plus George Jones the superintendent minister from Stratford upon Avon.

The chapel is recorded in Warwickshire trade directories from 1874-1932 and on the 1st edition OS map (1880s); it was still recorded as a Methodist chapel on an OS map of the 1950s but seems to have disappeared since then. It was next door to a house now called Badgers.


Sources: Shakespeare Centre Library & Archive: Conveyance 1868 DR 153/535; Warwickshire trade directories; OS maps.

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 02/09/2018.