Swarby Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records regarding this chapel:

Ref. MLI90338: Site of former Primtive Methodist Chapel, Swarby.

The first Primitive Methodist chapel in Swarby was built in 1875. It was replaced by a new chapel in 1910, which closed in 1937. Congregation prior to 1875 met in a nearby cottage. 

Ref. Meth/C/Swarby/E/4/1: Architect Plans: building new PM Chapel, year 1910. 

O.S. Map year 1905 cited. 

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

Sleaford Primitive Methodist Circuit 1875-1932

Sleaford Westgate Methodist Circuit 1932-1937 

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 05/12/2017.