Tetney Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lincolnshire

Location of Tetney (North End) PM Chapel

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella).

In the village of Tetney the first Primitive Methodist chapel was built on The Green in 1835; it was relaced by the North End chapel in 1856 which closed in 1961.

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit 1835-1868
Tetney Primitive Methodist Circuit 1868-1933
Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1933-1937
Cleethorpes Mill Road Methodist Circuit 1937-1960
Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1960-1961

(Lincs to the Past)

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln, holds the following records:

Ref. Meth/C/Tetney, North End/A, Primitive Methodist:  Register and Members.

Ref. Meth/C/Tetney, North End/C: Trust & Committees.

Ref. Meth/C/Tetney, North End/D: Society & Leaders.

Ref. Meth/C/Tetney, North End/E: Chapel & Sunday School: building, repairs & alterations, closure and sale.

There was also a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Tetney and a further Primitive Methodist Chapel at nearby Tetney Lock.

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 28/11/2017.