Thrussington Primitive Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire

Photo:Thrussington Primitive Methodist Chapel

Thrussington Primitive Methodist Chapel

Ray Young

By Ray Young

By 1818 the Primitive Methodists were established in Thrussington holding a weekly service at 2pm each Sunday probably in a cottage before moving to their chapel on Ratcliffe Road on land given by Capt Munro. This chapel remained their home until its closure in 1920. The building was renamed The Pentland Room and was given to the village by Mrs Munro. It continued as the village hall until the present one was opened in 1961, it is now used by the Scouts                                                                                                       From Thrussington: A Village Story - edited by Jennifer Sandys and published by Thrussington Local History Society, 2003

This page was added by Ray Young on 20/12/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.