Thursby PM Chapel, Cumberland

Photo:Thursby PM Chapel

Thursby PM Chapel

G W Oxley

Grid Ref NY 324506

By GW Oxley

Plans for Thursby Chapel by H Oldfield architect were approved by the local authority on 22 April 1930. They provided for a chapel 33 feee by 24 feet containing two blocks of pews separated by a central aisle. Entry was through a porch in the gable end facing the street. The pulpit was in one corner at the opposite end and a vestry was provided in an building annexed to the  corner opposite the pulpit. The heating chamber was under the vestry. The contractors were Harrison Bros, plumbers, £61.16.3; The Workington Bridge & Boiler Co Ltd for roof trusses, £31; John A Robinson, plasterer, £86.12.10; John Hewitson, slater, £110; J&R Bell, builders, £651.15.0; William Dockray, joiner, £381.13.0; Lintwhite & Palmer of Maryport, painters, £54.1.4; John Corbett for heating, £46

The chapel was in use as a Methodist place of worship in January 2014

This page was added by GW Oxley on 31/01/2015.