Waltham Primitive Methodist Chapel, nr Grimsby, Lincolnshire

By Mr. & Mrs. Ella (Ray & Marie)

In the Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln, we have identified a former Primitive Methodist Chapel at Waltham (near Grimsby). 

The following are available at Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Waltham/ Primitive/C:  Waltham, Cheapside, Primitive Methodist Chapel, built 1845, Trust and Committees.

Ref. Meth/C/W, Primitive/D:Trustees.

Meth/C/W,Primitive/D/4/1: Renewal of Trust: list of Trustees.

We are wondering what became of the Chapel after unification. 

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 22/11/2017.
Comments about this page

The Lincs to the Past website records that Waltham PM Chapel was built in 1845. It belonged to the Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit between 1845 and 1868. It was then in the Tetney Primitive Methodist Circuit between 1868 and 1933. In 1933 the chapel became part of the Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit. It was closed in 1933.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 22/11/2017

North East Lincolnshire Archives, Grimsby:

Ref. 63/601/695: Waltham: Alterations to Primitive Methodist Chapel - owner, Trustees of the PM Chapel. Building Plan. Date 2nd Oct., 1922.

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella)
On 06/01/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.