Withcall Primitive Methodist Society, Lincolnshire

By Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella

There was a Society at Withcall which came onto the Louth Primitive Methodist Circuit preaching plan in 1858, although a permanent chapel was never built. (There is a reference in the circuit records on 25 June 1861 to a Preaching Room certificate; from 1879 the Society used a room in the farm manager's house and later still the farm office; from March 1960 the Society rented the former Withcall Railway Station.) The Society ceased to meet and was removed from the circuit peaching plan in 1988.  

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
Louth Primitive Methodist Circuit 1858-1933
Louth Methodist Circuit 1933-1988

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this society:

Withcall/C/Primitive Methodists:

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 19/12/2017.