Wroot Woodside Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Wroot Woodside Primitive Methodist chapel

Wroot Woodside Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1998

location of Wroot Primitive Methodist chapel

Woodside Lane Wroot DONCASTER DN9 2BP

By Christopher Hill

John Wesley was curate to his father at Wroot Parish Church.

The first Wroot Woodside Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1835. In 1867 it was replaced by a second chapel which served until 1917.  It stayed on the Plan until 1925.

At the time of Keith Guyler's photograph in 1998 it had been converted into residential use and named Chapel House.

location: SE 715030 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 14/09/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/B/Scotter/H/1/3: Preaching Plans to include Wroot PM Chapel, 1836 & 1838. (First Chapel).

Ref. Meth/C/Wroot, Woodside/C/2/1: Trust Account Book 1867-1905, to include Deeds to Chapel, etc.

Ref. R Journal, Primitive Methodist Juvenile Magazine, vol. 7, 1858, page 156: Biographical Sketch In Memory of Lucy Maw of Wroot.

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 15/01/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.