Lund PM Chapel East Yorkshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lund PM Chapel East Yorkshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lund PM Chapel East Yorkshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lund PM Chapel East Yorkshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lund PM Chapel East Yorkshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lund PM Chapel East Yorkshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lund PM Chapel East Yorkshire' page

This chapel was built in 1871 and is still open for worship today April 2013

Lund is nine miles south west of Driffield and in 2013 is part of the Driffield Circuit.

It has been recorded that when the chapel opened one thousand people sat down to tea. This seems quite amazing as this increased the population of the village for a short time by over five hundred!

There are only seven members today April 2013.

The exterior photos were taken in May 2009

The interior photos were taken in April 2013 (courtesey of the Knit and Natter Group)

OS Map ref:106:SE971481

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 04/05/2013.
Comments about this page

It replaced an earlier chapel, built in 1839.

By Jill Barber
On 17/10/2013

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.