Malvern; Newtown Road Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Malvern; Newtown Road Primitive Methodist Chapel' page

Opened 1875

By Richard Beck

Built in 1875, of red brick, the Chapel could seat about 180 people. 

Now closed, in 2013 it is in use as a pet supplies shop. 

A photo of the original chapel, about 1900, can be seen in the window of Cox's outfitters next door. A member of the Cox family was a preacher at the Chapel, and is pictured in the doorway.

The original porch and front windows of the Chapel are no longer there, but their outline can still be seen.

This page was added by Jill Barber on 30/09/2013.