Petersfield Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Petersfield Primitive Methodist Chapel' page

Keith Guyler, 1988

'Coronation Chapel'

The Chapel was opened in 1902. The stone across the front reads 'Primitive Methodist Coronation Chapel'. It was called the Coronation Chapel because of the coronation of Edward VII, which took place on 9 August (initially planned for 26 June but delayed by the King's illness). The memorial stone was laid in May, and the Chapel opened in October. Source: Methodist Recorder, 31 May 2013

This page was added by Jill Barber on 10/12/2013.