Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire

Photo:Archive photograph of Hulland Bourne chapel in original form with central doorway, before twentieth century alterations and extension

Archive photograph of Hulland Bourne chapel in original form with central doorway, before twentieth century alterations and extension

David Leese

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hulland Moss Derbyshire' page
Photo:1821 Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel as it was in 1987

1821 Hulland (Bourne) Primitive Methodist Chapel as it was in 1987

Keith Guyler 1987

This chapel was opened in 1821 and is still open for worship in 2014

There is little history known about this chapel. It is in very good condition and has had a lot of 'love' showered on it.

Photos taken October 2013.

OS Map ref:119:SK250463

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 17/03/2014.
Comments about this page

At Hulland Hugh Bourne founded the “first Tract Visiting Society,” and formed “praying bands,” from which streams of blessings flowed to distant towns and villages. From this village John Harrison went into the ministry in 1816, and after a brief bright life of work for Jesus went home to God.

See article on the Ashbourne Circuit from 1906.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 21/07/2015

A photograph showing the chapel before 20th century alterations has been added to this page.

By Jill Barber
On 13/06/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.