Hall Street Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hall Street Primitive Methodist Chapel' page

Keith Guyler, 1993

Chelmsford Circuit (Essex)

By Lauren Haines

Opened in 1863 and ceased to be used by the Methodists in 1976. This chapel held 175 people using seats. It also contained one school hall and one other room. By 1993, the chapel only had a small congregation of 12 members and was let to the Chelmsford Presbyterian Church and they still ran regular services as well as working with local charities such as CHESS (which helps homeless people) and host book sales for Christian Aid.


This page was added by Lauren Haines on 29/01/2014.