Cox Bank Jubilee PM Chapel, nr. Audlem Cheshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Cox Bank Jubilee PM Chapel, nr. Audlem Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Cox Bank Jubilee PM Chapel, nr. Audlem Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Cox Bank Jubilee PM Chapel, nr. Audlem Cheshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Cox Bank Jubilee PM Chapel, nr. Audlem Cheshire' page

This chapel was built in 1861

Cox Bank Jubilee Chapel was closed for worship in the 1980s and converted into a very pleasent private dwelling.

Photos taken March 2014

OS Map ref:118:SJ655419 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 02/04/2014.
Comments about this page

John Hallam writes about the opening of Cox Bank Primitive Methodist chapel in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1833 (page 269).  Preachers at the opening were Brothers Walford & Bateman.

The new chapel measured 18'(w) x 21'(l) x 12'(h).  The materials for building the chapel were brought in by local farmers free of charge. One old friend gave £17 8s.3d.

The society had 30-40 members

By Christopher Hill
On 30/08/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.