Ravensdale Road Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo:First chapel, 1895

First chapel, 1895

Keith Guyler, 1996

Photo:Second chapel, 1927

Second chapel, 1927

Keith Guyler, 1996

Ravensdale Road, Stamford Hill, N16

By Lauren Haines

The first chapel was built on the south side of Ravensdale Road in 1895. It closed in 1925, when a second chapel was built on the opposite side of the road. 

The new chapel was was designed by George Baines and Sons in a Gothic-revival style with a square bell-tower topped with a weather vane. By 1940 the building could seat 300 people in pews but sadly suffered from bomb damage during World War II.

The old chapel became used for commercial premises, but was empty when this photo was taken in 1996. The new chaopel is still used for worship as a Methodist Church. 


Sources

The Gazette

British History

Ravensdale Methodist Chuch

This page was added by Lauren Haines on 15/04/2014.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.