Gotham Primitive Methodist Church, Nottinghamshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Gotham Primitive Methodist Church, Nottinghamshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Gotham Primitive Methodist Church, Nottinghamshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Gotham Primitive Methodist Church, Nottinghamshire' page

Peter Barber, 19.5.14

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Gotham Primitive Methodist Church, Nottinghamshire' page

postcard belonging to Steven Wild

2nd Chapel, built in 1870

By Jill Barber

By 1820 a house on Bag Lane was being used by Primitive Methodists as a meeting place. The first Chapel was built in 1848, but soon became too small.

This chapel was built in 1870 (and opened in January 1871) at Meadow End.

It closed in 1989, and is now used as a house. The Methodist society continue to meet for worship in the Anglican church.

For more information click on this link.

This page was added by Jill Barber on 20/05/2014.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.