Clive PM Chapel, Shropshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Clive PM  Chapel, Shropshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Clive PM  Chapel, Shropshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Clive PM  Chapel, Shropshire' page

Chapel opened in 1859, Closed in ????

Photograph taken in April 2012 where it was found to be in a state of abandonment and dereliction.

Planning consent to convert the Chapel to a house was given, but so far no work has been carried out. 

Any information on this Chapel would be gratefully received.

OS Map ref: 126: SJ513242

 

information added October 2017 by CH

William Wood writes in the Primitive Methodist magazine (September 1859 page 558) of the opening of the chapel on June 12th 1859. Preachers at the opening were Samuel Ward of The Wood, Oswestry, and Miss Darby, of Brierly Hill.

It measured 28' 6" x 21' 6" and cost £160. 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 07/05/2012.
Comments about this page

Further information on this chapel can be viewed by following the link to Shropshire’s Nonconformist Chapels.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 11/12/2013

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.